jsonwidget is a general-purpose JSON validation and manipulation, and form-building library for terminal windows and web pages
jsonwidget is a general-purpose JSON validation and manipulation library. This library provides the following functions for applications:
- Validation of JSON-compatible data against a schema
- Automatic generation of a schema from JSON-compatible data
- Construction of a curses-based tree data editing user interface from a schema
- Simple WSGI server to serve the web user interface, and validate and store result of editing with the web user interface
Though jsonwidget is optimized for working with JSON, it is useful for providing editing capability for any JSON-compatible data structure.
The following utilities are included with jsonwidget:
- jsonedit - A terminal-based application (like you would use via SSH or local terminal on Linux and Mac). It’s based on urwid, an excellent Python-based library for building terminal-based user interfaces.
- csvedit - A variation on jsonedit that allows editing of .csv/tsv files.
- jsonaddress - an example JSON address book editor
- jwc - a command line utility with the following functions:
- editserver - launch a web server to edit a json file from a browser
- json2yaml - convert a json file to yaml with comments pulled from schema (also yaml2json to go back)
- schemagen - create a schema from an example json file
- validate - validate a JSON file against a schema