kiss is a Python Module that implementations the KISS Protocol for
communicating with KISS-enabled devices (such as Serial or TCP TNCs).
Install from pypi using pip: pip install kiss
Read & print frames from a TNC connected to ‘/dev/ttyUSB0’ at 1200 baud:
def p(x): print(x) # prints whatever is passed in.
k = kiss.SerialKISS('/dev/ttyUSB0', 1200)
k.start() # inits the TNC, optionally passes KISS config flags.
k.read(callback=p) # reads frames and passes them to `p`.
See also: examples/ directory.
Run nosetests from a Makefile target:
- Python APRS Module Library for sending, receiving and parsing APRS Frames to and from multiple Interfaces
- Python KISS Module Handles interfacing-to and encoding-for various KISS Interfaces.
- Python APRS Gateway Uses Redis PubSub to run a multi-interface APRS Gateway.
- Python APRS Tracker TK.
- dirus Dirus is a daemon for managing a SDR to Dire Wolf interface. Manifests that interface as a KISS TCP port.
- apex by Jeffrey Phillips Freeman (WI2ARD). Next-Gen APRS Protocol. (based on this Module! :)
- aprslib by Rossen Georgiev. A Python APRS Library with build-in parsers for several Frame types.
- aprx by Matti & Kenneth. A C-based Digi/IGate Software for POSIX platforms.
- dixprs by HA5DI. A Python APRS project with KISS, digipeater, et al., support.
- APRSDroid by GE0RG. A Java/Scala Android APRS App.
- YAAC by KA2DDO. A Java APRS Client.
- Ham-APRS-FAP by aprs.fi: A Perl APRS Parser.
- Dire Wolf by WB2OSZ. A C-Based Soft-TNC for interfacing with sound cards. Can present as a KISS interface!
Apache License, Version 2.0. See LICENSE for details.
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.