A Python-module to provide an API to KeePass 1.x files which are also used by the popular KeePassX.
- kppy is a Python-module that provides full access to KeePass 1.x password databases which are used by the popular password manager KeePassX. Full access means:
- Open, save and close KP-files correctly
- Edit KP-files correctly and comfortable
- AES encryption
- First Python module for KeePass 1.x files that supports keyfiles, too.
- First Python-KeePass module for Python 3. (Python 2 is supported, too)
- Some explanation to KeePass databases:
- Database files are encrypted with AES
- Database entries are sorted in groups
- Groups support subgroups
- Every entry has a title for better identification
- Expiration dates for entries