Synchronization of images from thingsweforget.blogspot.com for offline use.
This is a simple script that synchronizes all post-it images from http://thingsweforget.blogspot.com A couple of reasons why you would want to keep a separate copy of all these pictures:
- they are highly motivational
- you don’t always have Internet access
- you might want to create an awesome screensaver by simply pointing it to the directory where you store those post-its
- you can shuffle the post-its and e-mail yourself daily one of them
- anything creative of the sorts, maybe you want to do a massive collage of the images for your next yellow t-shirt?
You need Python 3.1 with distribute. Instructions on installing Python can be found on the official Website, as for distribute, download the distribute_setup.py file from http://python-distribute.org and run it:
The best bet will probably to use a stable package from PyPI which you can install by simply issuing:
python3.1 -m easy_install langacore.thingsweforget
It will download the package and hopefully successfully build its depedencies (it’s lxml for its awesome XML/HTML querying abilities).
Alternatively, you can download the source from GitHub and install it manually:
git clone git://github.com/LangaCore/thingsweforget-fetcher.git cd thingsweforget-fetcher python3.1 setup.py install
For now this comes to running this command:
python3.1 -m langacore.thingsweforget
which will download all first images from every post on the website to the current folder.
Need more details?
The code is rather thoroughly documented, you can request more documentation from me directly: email@example.com.