SoX based audio file merge-n-splitter appropriate to resplit audio books.
letmehear is a SoX based audio file merge-n-splitter appropriate to resplit audio books.
It is able to function both as a Python module and in command line mode.
- Large variety of supported input audio formats (due to SoX).
- Batch audio files processing (including recursive path traversing).
- Adjustable output audio parts length.
- Adjustable output audio speed.
- Adjustable backshift length (number of seconds from the end of a previous audio part to place at the beginning of a next one).
letmehear depends upon SoX command line utility - http://sox.sourceforge.net.
Ubuntu users may install the following SoX packages:
from letmehear import letmehear- if you want to use it as module. LetMe class is at your service.
letmehear -hin command line - to get help on utility usage.
In the following example we merge all audio files into one, increase its playback speed
to 1.2, and resplit it into chunks of 3 minutes, putting them into
letmehear -s 1.2 /home/idlesign/audiobook_1/
Dedicated to legacy Mystery car audio system of mine unable to digest one and a half hour mp3 file with another Discworld novel %)