linecounter for files
linecounter is a tool written in python, you can count how many lines you have in your files. This tool may be useful for developers who want to count how many lines of code they have in their projects. Because of linecounter isn’t restricted for just code files it can be used in many areas which needs line counting.
- Line counting for given file/files
- Line counting for list of files in given directory
- Line counting for list of files in given directory recursively
- Line counting for list of files in given directory with filtering file extensions
- Line counting without empty lines
Find the latest version on github: https://github.com/halitkarakis/line-counter
Feel free to fork and contribute!
The easiest way to install is with pip:
pip install linecounter
python setup.py install
linecounter -fd [-r] path1 [path2 ...] [--filter ext1 [ext2 ...]]
-f Run line-counter with file paths -d Run line-counter with directory paths -r Search directories recursively, can be used if '-d' is set --filter Count lines for files which extension is ext1, ext2 ..., can be used if '-d' is set --help Show this message --version Show version info --noempty Count non-empty lines