Sphinx theme for LSST user documentation built on Bootstrap and Astropy's theme.
This is a prototype Sphinx theme for LSST Stack documentation, based on the Astropy Sphinx theme.
Getting started with development
Get the repo:
git clone https://github.com/lsst-sqre/lsst-sphinx-bootstrap-theme cd lsst-sphinx-bootstrap-theme
npm install -g gulp-cli npm install
Compile the assets and continue watching for changes:
- lsst_sphinx_bootstrap_theme/ is the theme’s Python package
- static/ is for static assets deployed onto the site. app.css is generated with gulp, so don’t edit it directly.
- layout.html is the main Jinja2 template for the HTML. The other HTML files are blocks/partials.
- scss/ contains Sass source files that get compiled into lsst_sphinx_bootstrap_theme/static/app.css.
This project uses Gulp to run its build pipelines. This section describes the gulp commands you can run.
Use this default command for development. It does the following:
- sass (compile Sass)
- Watches for changes and recompiles assets as necessary.
Compile Sass into CSS (app.css). We use the following features:
- Compile Sass.
- Add prefixes to CSS using Autoprefixer (via PostCSS).
- Clean and compress the CSS using gulp-clean-css.
You can run this task alone, but usually through gulp (default task).
Automatically format code. See Code style via Prettier.
Code style via Prettier
You can run Prettier two ways:
- Manually, by running gulp pretty.
- Automatically, by committing code. This is configured as a pre-commit hook in package.json.
Update the change log (CHANGELOG.rst), commit, and marge work to master.
Tag the release using a PEP 440-compatible version string:
git tag -s X.Y.Z -m "X.Y.Z"
Push the tag:
git tags --push
The Travis CI pipeline will create and upload the release to PyPI.
Release history Release notifications
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size & hash SHA256 hash help||File type||Python version||Upload date|
|lsst-sphinx-bootstrap-theme-0.2.0.tar.gz (75.4 kB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Source||None||May 24, 2018|