Sphinx theme for LSST user documentation built on Bootstrap and Astropy's theme.
This is a prototype Sphinx theme for LSST Stack documentation, based on the Astropy Sphinx theme.
Getting started with development
Get the repo:
git clone https://github.com/lsst-sqre/lsst-sphinx-bootstrap-theme cd lsst-sphinx-bootstrap-theme
npm install -g gulp-cli npm install
Compile the assets and continue watching for changes:
- lsst_sphinx_bootstrap_theme/ is the theme’s Python package
- static/ is for static assets deployed onto the site. app.css is generated with gulp, so don’t edit it directly.
- layout.html is the main Jinja2 template for the HTML. The other HTML files are blocks/partials.
- scss/ contains Sass source files that get compiled into lsst_sphinx_bootstrap_theme/static/app.css.
This project uses Gulp to run its build pipelines. This section describes the gulp commands you can run.
Use this default command for development. It does the following:
- sass (compile Sass)
- Watches for changes and recompiles assets as necessary.
Compile Sass into CSS (app.css). We use the following features:
- Compile Sass.
- Add prefixes to CSS using Autoprefixer (via PostCSS).
- Clean and compress the CSS using gulp-clean-css.
You can run this task alone, but usually through gulp (default task).
Automatically format code. See Code style via Prettier.
Code style via Prettier
You can run Prettier two ways:
- Manually, by running gulp pretty.
- Automatically, by committing code. This is configured as a pre-commit hook in package.json.
Update the change log (CHANGELOG.rst), commit, and marge work to master.
Tag the release using a PEP 440-compatible version string:
git tag -s X.Y.Z -m "X.Y.Z"
Push the tag:
git tags --push
The Travis CI pipeline will create and upload the release to PyPI.
Release history Release notifications | RSS feed
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size lsst-sphinx-bootstrap-theme-0.2.2.tar.gz (78.8 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|
Hashes for lsst-sphinx-bootstrap-theme-0.2.2.tar.gz