Another text generator based on Markov chains.
Project DescriptionRelease History Download Files
- pip3 install markovgen –user
From the git repository:
- git clone https://github.com/ProgVal/markovgen.git
- cd markovgen
- python3 setup.py install –user
- python3 -m markovgen <extracter> <path to log file>
Supported extracters are:
Usage as a library
- takes an optional list of initial messages.
- takes a message and adds it to the cache.
- feed_from_file(file_descriptor, extracter):
- Reads the file descriptor line by line, apply the extracter to it, and feeds the cache with the return value of the extracter.
- generate_markov_text(max_size=30, seed=None, backward=False):
- Generate a text based on the cache. Selects a random word in the cache as the first (resp. last) word, and continues forward (resp. backward) using the cache in the right direction, until it selects a message end from the cache or that the max_size is met. The seed may be a string or a 2-tuple of strings.
- Returns a view on the 2-tuples of words in the corpus. Useful if you want to match them against a new message.
- decorator for extracters that handle decoding messages with the right charset (if chardet or charade is installed) or as utf8 (otherwise)