Easily daemonize your python projects
Need to daemonize your Python2.7 projects? Matt Daemon has you covered.
- superuser (root) enforcement. Your script either requires it or it doesn’t. You choose!
- If these checks fail, the script will exit with a status of 1.
- Uses the double-fork magic of UNIX to daemonize.
- Python 2.7
- This is designed for CLI scripts, because it decouples from the parent environment and all.
- Includes annoying messages when you use root to run a script.
- daemon.start() and daemon.stop() don’t print messages. You’ll have to decide what to print, if anything.
- MIT Licensed code, so you’re free to do whatever you want with this. Sell it, steal it, improve it, anything at all!
Running / Usage
- Add the script to your dependencies, it’s on pypi! (pip install mattdaemon)
- Documentation is available on readthedocs, so check there for usage.
If a feature you need is lacking, you know a better way to do something, or you just want to be nice and give out your stars, feel free to visit the mattdaemon git repo; it’s open source and MIT licensed!