Simple and effective tools for the analysis of movement data
movekit is an open-source software package for the processing and analysis of movement data.
- Data pre-processing (e.g. data checks, smoothing, duplicate removal, interpolation, outlier detection)
- Feature extraction (e.g. speed, acceleration, heading)
- Individual-level movement analysis (e.g. autocorrelation, speed distribution, environment exploration)
- Group-level analysis (e.g. cohesion, polarisation, coordination, leadership, clustering)
- Spatial data analysis (Voronoi, delaunay triangulation)
- Network analysis with networkX
movekit provides support for use cases with movement data and trajectories:
- 2-dimensional data in the Euclidean space
- 3-dimensional data in the Euclidean space
- GPS coordinates (latitude and longitude)
The easiest way to install movekit is by using
pip install movekit
You can view a demo of common features here: Jupyter Notebooks.
The package is funded by the Deutsche Forschungsgemeinschaft (DFG, German Research Foundation) under Germany's Excellence Strategy – EXC 2117 – 422037984.
Release history Release notifications | RSS feed
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size movekit-0.1.17.tar.gz (3.8 MB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|