Scrapli's plugin for Nornir
Source Code: https://github.com/scrapli/nornir_scrapli
nornir_scrapli -- scrapli's plugin for nornir
- Easy: It's easy to get going with scrapli -- check out the documentation and example links above, and you'll be connecting to devices in no time.
- Fast: Do you like to go fast? Of course you do! All of scrapli is built with speed in mind, but if you really
feel the need for speed, check out the
ssh2transport plugin to take it to the next level!
- Great Developer Experience: scrapli has great editor support thanks to being fully typed; that plus thorough docs make developing with scrapli a breeze.
- Well Tested: Perhaps out of paranoia, but regardless of the reason, scrapli has lots of tests! Unit tests cover the basics, regularly ran functional tests connect to virtual routers to ensure that everything works IRL!
- Pluggable: scrapli provides a pluggable transport system -- don't like the currently available transports, simply extend the base classes and add your own! Need additional device support? Create a simple "platform" in scrapli_community to easily add new device support!
- But wait, there's more!: Have NETCONF devices in your environment, but love the speed and simplicity of scrapli? You're in luck! Check out scrapli_netconf!
MacOS or *nix1, Python 3.7+
1 Although many parts of scrapli do run on Windows, Windows is not officially supported
pip install nornir-scrapli
See the docs for other installation methods/details.
A simple Example
from nornir import InitNornir from nornir_scrapli.tasks import send_command nr = InitNornir(config_file="nornir_data/config.yaml") command_results = nr.run(task=send_command, command="show version") print("send_command result:") print(command_results["iosxe-1"].result)
Release history Release notifications | RSS feed
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
Hashes for nornir_scrapli-2023.1.30.post1.tar.gz
Hashes for nornir_scrapli-2023.1.30.post1-py3-none-any.whl