Nose order plugin
This plugin allows methods in Nose test classes to run in the order they are
defined, rather than alphabetically.
Note that it is bad practice to rely on test order. If you can avoid it, do so;
otherwise this plugin is for you.
From PyPI: pip install nose_order_plugin
From source: setup.py install
- Mark the test class with the nose_order_plugin.ordered decorator
- Pass the --with-ordered-tests option to Nose
- Only plain classes may be ordered. Classes deriving from unittest.TestCase
are incompatible with this plugin.
- The plugin looks at source code lines for ordering; if the methods are not
defined in a single file (or other magic is used), the ordering might not be
- Test generators are not supported -- they might work, but they're untested.
The current maintainer is Petr Viktorin <firstname.lastname@example.org>
The plugin was originally developed as part of the FreeIPA project.
Development is done on Github: github.com/encukou/nose-order-plugin
Issues and pull requests are welcome.
A Github-less workflow is also available:
- git clone github.com/encukou/nose-order-plugin
- Create a set of patches and mail them to the author,
or host a Git branch and send a link to it by e-mail.
TODO: Brief introduction on what you do with files - including link to relevant help section.