You can find the latest docs (there aren’t enough!) at ReadTheDocs.
NYMMS is a monitoring framework that takes inspiration from a lot of different
It’s goals are:
- Independently scalable components
- Fault tolerant
- Easily useable in a cloud environment
- Easy to add new monitors
There are many other goals, but that’s a good start.
Here’s a somewhat hard to understand diagram (at least without some
Currently the main requirements are:
- Python (2.7 - may work on older versions, haven’t tested)
- PyYAML (used in a few backends, will eventually not be a requirement unless
you need to use those backends)
- Jinja2 (needed for templating)
- Validictory (0.9.1 https://pypi.python.org/pypi/validictory/0.9.1)
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.