The Social Networking module provides a unified social network abstraction layer allowing applications to display a complete communication history on documents with a fully-integrated email and message management system.
It enables the users to read and send messages as well as emails. It also provides a feeds page combined to a subscription mechanism that allows to follow documents and to be constantly updated about recent news.
- Clean and renewed communication history for any OpenERP document that can act as a discussion topic
- Subscription mechanism to be updated about new messages on interesting documents
- Unified feeds page to see recent messages and activity on followed documents
- User communication through the feeds page
- Threaded discussion design on documents
- Relies on the global outgoing mail server - an integrated email management system - allowing to send emails with a configurable scheduler-based processing engine
- Includes an extensible generic email composition assistant, that can turn into a mass-mailing assistant and is capable of interpreting simple placeholder expressions that will be replaced with dynamic data when each email is actually sent.