Kibana logging client and server for logging without logstash
Gevent based kibana udp client and forward server. This implementation provides a client and (proxy) server for send log messages from a python application to an elasticsearch server. The log message format provides the elasticsearch logstash message (v1) format which is used in kibana 4. This client/server implemenation allows you to send log messages from your python application to elasticsearch without to use a logstash server. The server will receive log message from the client and forward them to one or more elasticsearch servers. This is more or less the same as the new logstash-forwarder implementation supports. The implementation offers an entry_point called proxy.
- changed: start script option from –timeout to –elasticsearch-timeout because it’s an elasticserach connection option.
- changed: –maxminddb argument from True to maxminddb file path.
- feature: Added certificate and ssl support for elasticserach client setup.
- bugfix: use float for timeout instead of integer. It seems required by http3 connection
- implemented stdout, stderr stream logging handler usable with circus. Use loglevel option for enable logging. The elasticsearch.trace logging handler is also supported if you use the trace option.
- added more comments
- improved tests
- feature: switch elasticsearch backend from udp to http protocol. Since the udp bulk api is deprecated switch sending received log messages via http to elasticsearch using the elasticsearch python client library.
- feature: allow to define more then one elasticsearch server as backend in elasticsearch option.
- feature: changed kibana entry_point to forwarder. This allows us to setup the new kibana 4 server as bin/kibana and the forwarder server as bin/forwarder.
- initial release