A utility to discover all package dependencies for a specific Python package
PackMap is a simple utility which finds all dependent packages for a given Python package. It does this by installing the package and all of its dependencies into a clean temporary virtual environment and probing installed components for their actual requirements.
- PackMap is available on PyPI and can be installed with pip:
- pip install packmap
- Checking the dependencies of a package called lplight on PyPI:
- packmap lplight –pdf-results
- Checking the dependencies of a package on your hard drive:
- packmap lplight –install-type path –install-path /path/to/package –pdf-results
PackMap output’s two different type of results; JSON and PDF.
- JSON results: Gives you the ability to parse through the results for yourself to find changes in version numbers or requirement specs.
- PDF results: Produces an graph for easier viewing and consumption.
The PDF results functionality requires the graphviz system package to be installed.
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size packmap-0.0.1.tar.gz (4.4 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|