A tool to migrate data from Parse to Syncano
This tool will help you to move your data from Parse to Syncano.
pip install parse2syncano
Currently supports only transferring data. This tool takes the Parse schemas and transform them to Syncano classes. Next step is to move all of the data between Parse and Syncano. The last step is rebuilding the relations between objects.
Will run the configuration that will ask you for the following variables:
- PARSE_MASTER_KEY: the master key of your PARSE account;
- PARSE_APPLICATION_ID: the application ID of the application that you want to transfer;
- SYNCANO_ADMIN_API_KEY: Syncano Account Key;
- SYNCANO_INSTANCE_NAME: the Syncano instance name to which the transfer will be made;
- SYNCANO_APIROOT: will not show as it has a default equal to: https://api.syncano.io/
parse2syncano configure command will take following parameters:
- -c (–current) which will display the current configuration;
- -f (–force) which allow to override the previously set configuration;
The configuration will be stored in your home directory in .syncano file under the P2S section. It’s used to call the Parse API and Syncano API as well.
This command will run the synchronization process between Parse and Syncano. Sit comfortably in your chair and read the output.
Tips & Troubleshooting
- This tool currently does not support checking if some object is already present in the Syncano instance, so if sync is run twice the end results is that data is duplicated. To avoid such cases, simply remove your instance in using Syncano dashboard;
- The process can be quite slow - it’s because of the throttling on both sides: Parse and Syncano on free accounts (which is the bottom boundary for scripts);
- If you encounter any problems, have some improvements proposal or just wanna talk, please write me: email@example.com;
- The Syncano can be found on - please do not hesitate to ask for help or share your thoughts;