process control -- easy fork-exec and pipe with I/O redirection
pc.py is a layer on top of subprocess. The subprocess module supports a rich API but is clumsy for many common use cases, namely sync/async fork-exec, command substitution and pipelining, all of which is trivial to do on system shells.
The goal is to make Python a sane alternative to non-trivial shell scripts.
- Easy to fork-exec commands, wait or no wait
- Easy to capture stdout/stderr of children (command substitution)
- Easy to express I/O redirections
- Easy to construct pipelines
- Use short names for easy interactive typing
Documentation is at <http://github.com/aht/pc.py/>.
This module depends on Python 2.6, or where subprocess is available. Doctests require /bin/sh to pass. Tested on Linux.
This is an alpha release. Expect bugs.
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size pc-0.0.3.tar.gz (5.7 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|