The package contains the utilities which are used by Pieman, script for creating custom OS images for single-board computers. The utilities are:
- apk_tools_version.py: fetches the latest version of the apk-tools-static package.
- bsc.py: BSC (Build Status Codes) client.
- bscd.py: BSC (Build Status Codes) server.
- check_mutually_exclusive_params.py: checks if two specified environment variables are defined.
- check_redis.py: checks if the Redis server, needed by BSC server and client, is available.
- check_wpa_passphrase.py: checks if WPA passphrases are valid. A passphrase is considered as valid when 1) it’s between 8 and 63 characters and 2) it doesn’t contain any special characters. These two simple checks were borrowed from the original wpa_supplicant codebase and rewritten in Python (see wpa_supplicant/wpa_passphrase.c).
- depend_on.py: sometimes one environment variable (A) can’t be specified without another one (B), so this utility helps Pieman explicitly say that A depends on B and check if B is set to true (if bool) or simply specified (in other cases) when A is set to true (if bool) or simply specified (in other cases).
- du.py: provides the disk usage of the specified directory. It was developed primarily for estimating chroot environments disk usage. In some cases the utility provides more accurate result than du from GNU coreutils.
- image_attrs.py: allows getting image attributes which are stored in the pieman.yml files. The utility is more high-level tool than PyYAML because it’s aware of the pieman.yml specifics.
- render.py: renders config templates (which are Jinja2 templates under the hood).
- wget.py: very limited GNU Wget alternative.
sudo pip3 install pieman
Release history Release notifications | RSS feed
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size pieman-0.18.0.tar.gz (12.1 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|