Timed PloneFormGen form popup configured via portlet
Popup Forms for Plone is a Plone add-on that enables timed popups of PloneFormGen forms.
Popup forms are configured as a portlet. When you add it, you specify a PloneFormGen form and the time delay (in 1/10th seconds). The form will then be shown as an AJAX popup form.
When the popup is viewed, a cookie is set with a 1-year expiration, and the popup will not display again unless the cookie is absent. That prevents it from annoying more than once. Cookie support is also checked first, so the form will not be displayed if cookies aren’t enabled. Again, the idea is to avoid annoying users.
popform is a very small product that’s mainly used to control a bit of pipbox functionality. If there are visual display or AJAX problems, please file a bug report against pipbox.
Popup Forms for Plone has been tested with Plone 3. Support for Plone 4 is pending a PloneFormGen release that works in Plone 4.
It requires Products.pipbox 3.0a8 or greater (which should get installed automatically as an egg dependency).
- Use plone.app.jquerytools instead of Products.pipbox. [davisagli]
- Don’t try to render the popup if no form is configured, or if the configured form can’t be found.
- Use Plone’s createCookie function instead of our own copy. [davisagli]
- Add redir_url as a class attributes on portlet assignments so that legacy assignments don’t break. [davisagli]
- Make all cookies set and checked by browser to avoid cache problems. [SteveM]
- Add redirect option. [SteveM]
- Show the form prologue and epilogue (requires PloneFormGen >= 1.5.3). [davisagli]
- Initial release