gevent is a Python networking library that uses greenlet to provide synchronous API on top of libevent event loop.
- Fast event loop based on libevent.
- Lightweight execution units based on greenlet.
- Familiar API that re-uses concepts from the Python standard library.
- Cooperative sockets with ssl support.
- DNS queries performed through libevent-dns.
- Ability to use standard library and 3rd party modules written for standard blocking sockets
- Fast WSGI server based on libevent-http.
gevent is inspired by eventlet but features more consistent API, simpler implementation and better performance. Read why others use gevent and check out the list of the open source projects based on gevent.
gevent is written and maintained by Denis Bilenko and is licensed under MIT license.
TODO: Brief introduction on what you do with files - including link to relevant help section.