Package to subsample World Ocean Atlas climatology.
ATENTION, this package is deprecated. All functionalities were absorbed by oceansdb (https://pypi.python.org/pypi/oceansdb).
Package to subsample, or interpolate, World Ocean Atlas climatology to any coordinates.
This package started with functions to obtain climatological values to compare with measured data, allowing a quality control check by comparison. It hence needed to work for any coordinates requested. I recently split these functionalities from CoTeDe into this standalone package to allow more people to use it for other purposes.
- Free software: 3-clause BSD style license - see LICENSE.rst
- Documentation: https://pyWOA.readthedocs.org.
- If the WOA database files are not localy available, download it.
- Extract, or interpolate if necessary, climatologic data on requested coordinates;
- Can request a single point, a profile or a section;
- Ready to handle -180 to 180 or 0 to 360 coordinate system;
Quick howto use
from pyWOA import WOA
db = WOA()
- To get temperature at one point:
- t = db[‘TEMP’].extract(var=’t_mn’, doy=136.875, depth=0, lat=17.5, lon=-37.5)
- To get one profile of salinity:
- t = db[‘PSAL’].extract(var=’t_mn’, doy=136.875, depth=[0, 10, 15, 18], lat=17.5, lon=-37.5)
- To get a full depth section of temperature:
- t = db[‘TEMP’].extract(var=’t_mn’, doy=136.875, lat=17.5, lon=[-39, -37.5, -35])
- Generalized interpolator. Extract climatology for point, profile or section.
- First release on PyPI. Extracted from CoTeDe to be a standalone package.
- The first version was developed in support to quality control thermosalinographs at NOAA. It was later injected inside CoTeDe.
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size pyWOA-0.1.2.tar.gz (15.3 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View hashes|