Package to subsample World Ocean Atlas climatology.
ATENTION, this package is deprecated. All functionalities were absorbed by oceansdb (https://pypi.python.org/pypi/oceansdb).
Package to subsample, or interpolate, World Ocean Atlas climatology to any coordinates.
This package started with functions to obtain climatological values to compare with measured data, allowing a quality control check by comparison. It hence needed to work for any coordinates requested. I recently split these functionalities from CoTeDe into this standalone package to allow more people to use it for other purposes.
- Free software: 3-clause BSD style license - see LICENSE.rst
- Documentation: https://pyWOA.readthedocs.org.
- If the WOA database files are not localy available, download it.
- Extract, or interpolate if necessary, climatologic data on requested coordinates;
- Can request a single point, a profile or a section;
- Ready to handle -180 to 180 or 0 to 360 coordinate system;
Quick howto use
from pyWOA import WOA
db = WOA()
- To get temperature at one point:
- t = db[‘TEMP’].extract(var=’t_mn’, doy=136.875, depth=0, lat=17.5, lon=-37.5)
- To get one profile of salinity:
- t = db[‘PSAL’].extract(var=’t_mn’, doy=136.875, depth=[0, 10, 15, 18], lat=17.5, lon=-37.5)
- To get a full depth section of temperature:
- t = db[‘TEMP’].extract(var=’t_mn’, doy=136.875, lat=17.5, lon=[-39, -37.5, -35])
- Generalized interpolator. Extract climatology for point, profile or section.
- First release on PyPI. Extracted from CoTeDe to be a standalone package.
- The first version was developed in support to quality control thermosalinographs at NOAA. It was later injected inside CoTeDe.