Simple scheduled tasks for Pyramid.
pyramid_cron - Simple scheduled tasks for Pyramid
Scott Torborg - Cart Logic
Provides the ability to register simple tasks (callback functions) for scheduled execution with a cron-like syntax.
Why it’s better than a typical task queue like Celery, Resque, etc:
- No user permissions to worry about: everything is run inside a web request, so the task has all the same permissions as your web app.
- Very simple setup, no additional daemons required.
- The API follows Pyramid idioms.
Why it’s worse:
- It’s not well suited to long-running tasks: everything is run inside a web request.
- It does not distribute jobs across workers.
- It does not allow for prioritization of jobs, or have any support for non-synchronous tasks.
Documentation is hosted at Read the Docs.
pyramid_cron is licensed under an MIT license. Please see the LICENSE file for more information.