The Open Exchange Rates API provides hourly-updated exchange (forex) rates, relative to US Dollars
(USD) in JSON format.
It’s free for personal/small-scale use, and extremely cheap for apps, businesses and commercial projects.
You can sign up for an App ID here.
Sing up free.
- With a free account from openexchangerates.org you can:
- List available currencies (view https://openexchangerates.org/api/currencies.json)
- Get hourly-updated exchange rates based in USD.
- Get historical exchange rates (since 1999) based in USD.
- Convert between available currencies.
- Convert between available currencies with historical exchange rates.
Read the docs
TODO: Brief introduction on what you do with files - including link to relevant help section.