A small commandline utility to access the Swisscom Xtrazone SMS service
pyxtra is a small commandline utility to access the Swisscom Xtrazone SMS service. It is being developed for Linux- and OS X-based operating systems.
- Sending SMS messages from the command line
- Access, add and delete contacts
- Contacts tab completion (start typing and press tab to autocomplete)
- CAPTCHA-Recognition (service by http://gorrion.ch/, thanks!)
- Headless setup possible (if CAPTCHA-Recognition is enabled)
Warning: There might be some issues when having set Xtrazone to French or Italian (e.g. you are prompted to enter the CAPTCHA twice). For best experience, set Xtrazone language to German. (FR: Profil > Mes paramètres de compte > Langue Xtra-Zone, IT: Profilo > Le impostazioni del mio account > Lingua Xtra-Zone)
- You need python>=2.5 and tk
Install via pip
This is the recommended way of installing pyxtra.
$ sudo pip install pyxtra
Alternatively, you can install pyxtra the manual way.
Download the current stable version.
$ sudo pip install -r requirements.txt
Ubuntu/Debian users could also use apt instead of pip:
$ sudo apt-get install python-mechanize python-beautifulsoup4 \ python-xlrd python-imaging python-imaging-tk
$ sudo python setup.py install
Q: How can I easily select the receiver from the contacts list when writing a new SMS?
A: pyxtra supports tab completion. Simply start typing a name and press the
Q: How can I run pyxtra in a headless setup (e.g. on my server)?
A: Enable the anticaptcha feature and set anticaptcha_max_tries in your ~/.pyxtra/config to a higher number.
- [bug] Updated anticaptcha certificate, related SSL bugs should now be gone
- [add] Command to delete contacts (Issue #12)
- [add] Improved status output while adding/deleting contacts
- [bug] OS independent tempfiles (Issue #21)
- [bug] Got rid of “OLE2 inconsistency” warnings (Issue #21)
- [bug] Fixed problem with adding contacts and session timeouts (Issue #14)
- [bug] Fixed unicode bugs (Issue #18, #19)
- [bug] Fixed phone number validation (Issue #20)
- [bug] Fixed readline/delimiter problems on Linux
- [bug] Fixed pyxtra for people using Xtrazone in French or Italian
- [add] Package is on pypi!
- [add] Direct contact search (Issue #13)
- [bug] Don’t crash if user has no contacts (Issue #15)
- [add] Possibility to send SMS longer than 440 characters (Issue #17)
- [add] Improved autocompletion
- [add] Conversation mode (Issue #11)
- [bug] Config file permissions fixed (Issue #9)
- [bug] Better anticaptcha errorhandling
- [bug] Refactoring of deprecated code
- [add] Circumvent CAPTCHA, service provided by gorrion.ch (Issue #1)
- [bug] Don’t show user password when logging in
- [bug] Graceful exit on KeyboardInterrupt (ctrl+c) and EOF (ctrl+d)
- [add] New SMS Mode (compose SMS in looped mode), available through
- [add] Feature to show stack traces (nice to debug)
- [bug] Fixed problem with expired sessions (Issue #7)
- First version released
- Sämy Zehnder (Anticaptcha Service, http://gorrion.ch/)
Sourcecode is available on Github: https://github.com/dbrgn/pyxtra
PEP8 via flake8 with max-line-width set to 99 and E126-E128 ignored.
Copyright (C) 2011-2013 Danilo Bargen, Peter Manser and contributors.
pyxtra is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation, either version 3 of the License, or (at your option) any later version.
pyxtra is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details.
You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with pyxtra. If not, see http://www.gnu.org/licenses/.