quintagroup.plonecaptchas is simple captchas implementation for Plone, designed for validating human input in insecure forms.
quintagroup.plonecaptchas is a simple captchas implementation for Plone, designed for validation of human input in insecure forms. This is a standalone implementation which does not depend on captchas.net services.
quintagroup.plonecaptchas adds captcha support to Plone, it works together with quintagroup.captcha.core package (http://projects.quintagroup.com/products/wiki/quintagroup.captcha.core) and quintagroup.formlib.captcha (http://projects.quintagroup.com/products/wiki/quintagroup.formlib.captcha)
With these products installed captchas will be added to Plone’s ‘Send this’, ‘Contact Us’ (/contact-info) forms, and Plone’s default discussion mechanism: ‘Add Comment’ and ‘Reply’ forms.
quintagroup.plonecaptchas does not automatically plug to Plone’s default registration (/@@register). You can make captcha plug to Plone’s Register form via Zope Management Interface. Instructions here: http://projects.quintagroup.com/products/wiki/quintagroup.plonecaptchas#JoinForm
- Plone 4.0 and above
For Plone 4 versions - use quintagroup.plonecaptchas 4.0 release and up https://pypi.python.org/pypi/quintagroup.plonecaptchas/4.0. In your buildout.cfg file’s egg section set product version:
[buildout] .... eggs = ... quintagroup.plonecaptchas >=4.0
For Plone 3 versions - use quintagroup.plonecaptcha 3.x releases https://pypi.python.org/pypi/quintagroup.plonecaptchas/3.0. In your buildout.cfg file’s egg section set product version:
[buildout] .... eggs = ... quintagroup.plonecaptchas >=3.0,<4.0
For Plone 2.x versions - use 1.3.4 version of qPloneCaptchas product for use on forms
- quintagroup.captcha.core (PIL with _imagingft C module for dynamic captcha)
- PIL with Jpeg and FreeType support
Plone Captchas on PloneFormGen forms
To make captchas work on forms created with PloneFormGen, please use ‘quintagroup.pfg.captcha’ product: http://projects.quintagroup.com/products/wiki/quintagroup.pfg.captcha
See docs/INSTALL.txt for instructions.
Note: If Plone Captchas is expected to be used with Plone Comments http://quintagroup.com/services/plone-development/products/plone-comments, for proper behavior you have to install Plone Captchas first, and then Plone Comments.
- Dorneles Tremea
Python development by Quintagroup , 2004-2012
4.2 - Apr 20, 2012
- fixed compatibility with plone.app.discussion Overrided captcha_vocabulary utility to be able to choose quintagroup.plonecaptchas in discussion settings.
4.1 - Sep 5, 2011
- compatibility with plone.app.discussion added
4.0 - June 9, 2010
- compatibility with Plone 4 added
3.0 - Apr 7, 2010
- product was refactored: captcha support for the standard Plone forms remained in quintagroup.plonecaptchas; the captchas core rendering and validation functionality were factored into quintagroup.captcha.core package
2.0.0 - July 15, 2009
- product was transformed to meet new standards: eggified package
- compatibility with Plone 3.x added
- support for earlier Plone versions 2.0.x -2.5.x removed
- test install/uninstall skins & configlet added
1.3.4 - March 2, 2009
- Fixed bug in method parseKey [Maik Röder]