Plone Comments (quintagroup.plonecomments) is a Plone product developed to improve the site managers and editors experience with standard commenting mechanism in Plone.
Plone Comments allows to:
- Notify admin about comment posted
- Notify commentator about his comment aproval
- Notify author of parent comment about new follow up added
- Moderation of comments, approval of comments
- Anonymous commenting
- Added Name field to comment form, it is required for anonymous comments
- Article author can be notified about new comment after the approval by reviewer
- List of recent comments for more comfortable moderation
Plone Comments Configlet allows:
- Turning on/off Moderation
- Turning on/off Manager notification
- Turning on/off Editor notification
- Turning on/off Anonymous Commenting
- Configure admin e-mail for notifications
- Configure notification subject
Plone Comments can be integrated with Plone Captchas (requires quintagroup.plonecaptchas to be installed)
Comments moderation is implemented with involvement of two stage workflow. Comments are created in “private” state and visible only to DiscussionManager group of users.
To differentiate between logged-in (registered) commentors and Anonymous commentors that pretend to be one person or other one, we use Boldness of name. The Comment author is in bold when posted by logged in member. The names provided when posting Anonymously are in plain text.
Notification subject control allows to enter custom prefix to distinct notifications coming from different sites.
One of possible UseCases:
Moderation is enabled and authors notification is turned on.
- New comment posted in private state.
- Notification is sent to the emails entered in Plone Comments configlet.
- Moderator User with DiscussionManager role see the comment.
- The comment can be deleted or published on modaration stage.
- When comment is published notification is sent to Article Editor.
- Plone 4
- Plone 3.x
- Gerry Kirk: product translations improvement and proofreading
- Dorneles Tremea: code cleanup and generic setup porting
- Andreas Stocker: German translation
- Héctor Velarde: Spanish translation
- Benjamin Klups: French translation
- Kees Hink: Dutch translation
- Erico Andrei: Portuguese translation
- Olha Pelishok: Ukraininan translation
If you are using zc.buildout and the plone.recipe.zope2instance recipe to manage your project, you can do this:
Add quintagroup.plonecomments to the list of eggs to install, e.g.:
[buildout] ... eggs = ... quintagroup.plonecomments
Tell the plone.recipe.zope2instance recipe to install a ZCML slug:
[instance] recipe = plone.recipe.zope2instance ... zcml = quintagroup.plonecomments quintagroup.plonecomments-overrides
Re-run buildout, e.g. with:
Restart the Zope server, for example, with the following command in the terminal:
$ ./bin/instance restart
Install quintagroup.plonecomments via ZMI portal_setup. Select quintagroup.plonecomments from the list of available profiles and press Import all steps.
Atention: If you are using a Plone version before 3.1 you need to install “plone.browserlayer”:http://pypi.python.org/pypi/plone.browserlayer (which also requires a “GenericSetup”:http://pypi.python.org/pypi/Products.GenericSetup version greater than 1.4) in your Plone site. It shows up as Local browser layer support in the Plone Add-on Products Control Panel.
- To uninstall quintagroup.plonecomments - select quintagroup.plonecomments uninstall profile from the list of available profiles and press Import all steps.
- Added Romanian translation [ichimdav]
- Fixed classifiers and keywords [kroman0]
- Fixed code for pep8 [kroman0]
- Fixed registration import steps, http://plone.org/products/plone-comments/issues/9 [vmaksymiv]
- Update pt_br translations [cleberjsantos,agnogueira]
- fix problem with no “login_action” in plone 4 [enkidu]
- Fixed discussion_edit_form validators #12 [zjs2k,kroman0]
- Updated french translation [Benjamin Klups,kroman0]
- Updated Italian translation #10 [micecchi,kroman0]
- Added svn:ignore .mo files [kroman0]
- Merged last fixes from branches/jquery [kroman0]
- Updated german translation [olha]
- Fixed issue #7 [kroman0]
- Removed tabindex support [kroman0]
- Fixed MANIFEST.in [kroman0]
- Error in Italian translation corrected [olha]
- Fixed issues #2 & #3 http://plone.org/products/plone-comments/issues [kroman0]
- Added icon_expr for qPloneComments configlet and anchor for comments [kroman0]
- Fixed tests, validating email & validation scripts parameters, configlet & report_abuse_template templates [kroman0]
- Fixed AjaxReportAbuse for anonymous [kroman0]
- Fixed email message charset in Plone4 & global variables in templates for Plone4 [kroman0]
- Fixed InitializeClass and md5 for Plone4(python2.6) [kroman0]
- Fixed target url for discussion_publish_comment [kroman0]
- Fixed MailHostb secureSend call [kroman0]
- Fixed translations and pt-br locale [kroman0]
- Fixed auto focus in commenting form [kroman0]
- Updated the image thumb logic [mylan]
- ‘Enable Manager moderation’ condition rolled back [kroman0]
- Captcha removed from comment edit form [kroman0]
- Hide ‘Recent comments’ tab and ‘Enable Manager moderation’ checkbox for manager [crchemist]
- Added “report abuse” feature contributed by jcbrand. [liebster]
- Added edit comment functionality [mylan]
- Updated comments viewlet - now comment form present without needing to push on ‘Add comment’ button. [mylan]
- Fixed links in the email messages. [liebster]
- Plone 3.* compatibility release [liebster]
- Added uninstall configlet and skins
- Converted a i18n layout to a locales layout
- Fixed to use the username as the comment creator. That’s necessary whenever the user is authenticated. This fixes the problems where commenters weren’t receiving any notifications. [deo]
- Fixed bug in registration of product also as a package. [liebster]
- Added pt-br translation. [erico_andrei]
- Converted Extension/Install.py` into a complete GenericSetup profile. [deo]
- Added note about the browser.layer dependency for Plone 3.0.x. [deo]
- Updated tests to run with Plone 3.x. [deo]
- General code cleanup and modernization. [deo]
- Synchronized the discussion templates to match Plone 3.x versions. [deo]
Release history Release notifications | RSS feed
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size quintagroup.plonecomments-4.1.9.zip (137.9 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|
Hashes for quintagroup.plonecomments-4.1.9.zip