Very simple package to make use of StatCVS easier.
rbco.statcvswrapper is an wrapper around StatCVS to make it more straightforward to use. It also solves a problem: it corrects the encoding so accentuation is displayed correctly in the generated reports.
- Download the StatCVS jar from its website.
- Add an environment variable called STATCVS_JAR_PATH with the full path to the downloaded JAR. Example: export STATCVS_JAR_PATH=/home/rafaelb/statcvs.jar. Normally you want to put this at the end of your ~/.bashrc file.
- Use Python’s setuptools to install rbco.statcvswrapper. Example: easy_install rbco.statcvswrapper
- Change into your working copy directory.
- Do a cvs update.
- Run statcvs_wrapper ..
This will issue the command to get the log from CVS, run StatCVS, correct the encoding of the report and open the report in Firefox.
- Refactoring to make it more modular, in order to allow other programs to extend it to perform extra formatting of the reports.
- Initial release