Reconnecting FTP client
reconnecting_ftp provides a FTP client which wraps ftplib.FTP. It reconnects automatically to the server if it was disconnected, and remembers the last recorded working directory.
We found reconnection to be particularly important in scripts which run for a long time, and need to repeatedly iterate over the files on the FTP server.
Since results need to be atomic, we have to convert the result from ftplib.FTP.mlsd (an iterable of directory entries) to an explicit list of directory entries. While this gives you atomicity (whatever you iterate over will be done in a single connection), all the directory entries need to be stored in memory.
Additionally, we provide an implementation of mlst FTP command which is missing in the original ftplib.FTP client.
import reconnecting_ftp with reconnecting_ftp.Client(hostname="some-host.com", port=21, user="some-user", password="some-password") as ftp: # change working directory ftp.cwd(dirname='/some-dir/some-subdir') # you can execute here all the commands as provided in ftplib.FTP. If the connection failed, the command will # be retried while it succeeds or the maximum number of retries haven been exhausted.. # MLST the file pth, entry = ftp.mlst(filename='some-file.txt') # iterate over a directory entries atomically for name, entry_dict in ftp.mlsd(path=parent_path): # do something pass
- Create a virtual environment:
python3 -m venv venv3
- Activate it:
- Install reconnecting_ftp with pip:
pip3 install reconnecting_ftp
- Check out the repository.
- In the repository root, create the virtual environment:
python3 -m venv venv3
- Activate the virtual environment:
- Install the development dependencies:
pip3 install -e .[dev]
- We provide a set of pre-commit checks that lint and check code for formatting and runs unit tests. Run them locally from an activated virtual environment with development dependencies:
- The pre-commit script can also automatically format the code:
We follow Semantic Versioning. The version X.Y.Z indicates:
- X is the major version (backward-incompatible),
- Y is the minor version (backward-compatible), and
- Z is the patch version (backward-compatible bug fix).
Release history Release notifications
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size reconnecting_ftp-1.0.12.tar.gz (5.0 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View hashes|