An extension for the "Send this" Plone document action
Enhance the “Send this page” Plone feature providing a complex form for send the link to a page to multiple recipients, members of the portal and groups.
Normally Plone gives you a feature for sending the link to a page to someone (a feature that is still available on Plone 4, but is hidden): calling the /sendto_form view on a document.
The default Plone form for sending the page is missing some features like:
- captcha protection
- sending to multiple recipients
- sending to users and groups
- manage BCC
If you need the “send to” feature and one or more of features above, this add-on if for you.
After installation the “Send to” action will show you a totally new interface.
Checking this will add the sender to the recipients list, for getting a copy of the message
You can choose a personal message to be sent with the link. The message will be part of the mail body, while the general message format can be configured in the site control panel (“Send to form settings”).
This field (and the “BCC” alternative) accept a list of e-mail addresses, to send the message to multiple recipeints. For security reason you can disabled this multiple recipients field and going back to a single recipient, changing the proper site permission (by default, only authenticated members can use the multiple recipient feature).
This field (and the “BCC” alternative) provide an autocomplete selection of site members to send the document to. For security reason you can disabled the user selection field changing the proper site permission (by default, only authenticated members can query for site members).
Same as before, but query for groups. All users inside those groups will be notified.
This add-on is mainly designed for large intranets, but in the case you want to use it on a public site it’s configured to not transform your site in a SPAM source.
All main features are disabled by default, and you can also enabled a captcha protection from the Plone control panel (“Send to form settings”).
Tested on Plone 4.3
- Fixed critical bug the anonymous users try to use the form [keul]
- Fixed missing and wrong translations [keul]
- Restored the minimal test coverage [keul]
Plone 4.3 compatibility and public release
- Hide default Plone send to form
- AJAX form and search
- Now provided configuration from control panel
- Granular security
- Captcha protection
- added z3c.autoinclude [keul]
- Added the search into title and id of groups [mirco]
- First release on RedTurtle pypi [keul]
- Removed (broken) translations, so all now is back to standard Plone i18n.
- Now send link from content type like File, send and url to ‘xxx/view’.
- Users in the the user listing table are now sortable.
- Changed the user visualization from “userid (fullname)” to “fullname (userid)”.
- Fixed validator calls: only call validate_sendto when clicking on Send.
- Fixed a non working use of “add myself to CC”.
- Enabled the groups specific search
- Integration with the site_properties.many_users and site_properties.many_groups.
- Problem with non manager members.
- Fixed bug that make the send_to form impossible to use for member that can’t access the listGroups method of the portal_groups tool.
- Added the “Add myself to the recipients list” feature.
- Removed the old getMemberOfGroup script.
- Fixed some issues with old portal_status_message approach not working on Plone 3.
- Mail to multiple recipients are now a single mail with users in CC.
- Added the BCC feature.
- Initial release