Visualize a tree of local roles assigned on Plone items.
Walk the Plone portal and dump the list of local roles for each item. Then go through the dump and generate a nice HTML visualization of the tree of items with their assigned local roles.
Add this egg to buildout’s egg list and run the buildout.
For usage description run the following:
$ bin/instance dump_roles --help
To dump roles to a file, run the following:
$ bin/instance dump_roles --output-dir OUTDIR --portal-name PORTAL
This command dumps permissions from Plone site PORTAL to a file called local_roles.txt located in OUTDIR. If directory does not exist, it is automatically created.
NOTE: specifying the output directory is optional, it defaults to directory “output” in the same directory from where the script is run. Plone site name is optional as well and defaults to “Plone”.
To generate HTML tree view run the following:
$ bin/instance html_export --output-dir OUTDIR
The OUTDIR, if specified, must refer to the same output directory that was used to dump role info in previous step. Directory’s default name is again “output”.
Open the created HTML <OUTDIR>/local_roles_tree.html directly from the filesystem with your browser.
NOTE: in case of large files this might take some time, because synatree.js script must walk through the DOM and do its work. It might appear in the meantime that the browser is unresponsive - it’s just doing its work. Changelog =========
- Fix: dump objects’ inherited roles as well (instead of just local roles) [plamut]
- Nicer README. [plamut]
- Initial release. [ibi, plamut, zupo]
License (3-clause BSD)
Copyright (c) 2013, NiteoWeb Ltd.. All rights reserved.
Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or without modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions are met:
- Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer.
- Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer in the documentation and/or other materials provided with the distribution.
- Neither the name of NiteoWeb Ltd.. nor the names of its contributors may be used to endorse or promote products derived from this software without specific prior written permission.
THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY THE COPYRIGHT HOLDERS AND CONTRIBUTORS “AS IS” AND ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL NITEOWEB LTD. BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.