Provides sticky status messages to members for all the folders in which they are assigned local roles
StickyStatusMessages provides persistent status messages.
Normal status messages usually appear when a content item has been affected (created, edited, removed, state changed etc.) in some way. They appear to the user effecting the change.
In the case of StickyStatusMessages, status messages now also appear to other users, who have an interest (or stake) in the same content item. The other users who are notified, are the ones with a local ‘Editor’ role on the object being affected. Since the original editor or owner who did the change by himself he personally will NOT get a sticky statusmessage.
They will receive a notification message (very similar to the existing status messages) above the portal content, every time a content item (on which they have the Editor role) has been changed.
These messages are ‘sticky’ in the sense that they are persistent. They have to be removed manually by the user. This is very easy though, you simply click on the [X] sign on the message itself and it will be removed.
- Play nicely when not installed. Check if the browserlayer is installed before continuing. [jcbrand]
- Added an adapter for the notification mechanism. Enables CMFNotification integration. [isburger]
- Check for attribute error if running with testrunner request
- Tested in Plone 4.1 (jcbrand)
- Improved error handling (pilz, jcbrand)
- Improved handling of non ascii chars (jcbrand)
- Removed babble dependencies (jcbrand)
- Allow for people to remove all sticky messages(jcbrand)
- Initial release