Very light and minimalist editor inspired by Scribes. Snaked intended mostly for
python developers but other Scribes users may find it useful too.
Shortly, Snaked is Scribes with blackjack & hookers.
- Light UI. There are no menu, tool bar, status bar or project browser at all.
Only editor view itself.
- gtksourceview2 based.
- Keyboard oriented control.
- Auto projects. In most cases you do not need such boring operation like
File → New project. Just start edit your file.
- Project navigation via Quick Open dialog.
- Sessions to store last opened editors.
- Restoring last edit position.
- Python auto complete and navigation via rope with very flexible type hinting
framework. PyGtk, Django support.
- Basic python code lint via pyflakes.
- Unittests (with py.test as backend, so there is
support for usual UnitTest cases, nose cases and py.test itself).
- Spell check.
Current progress may be seen in @a_bobrov. Also
there is blog with
- Variables completion in Mako, Jinja, Django templates.
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.