Audio file library manager
This module contains handlers for trees of audio files, for example music libraries, playlist directories or loop/sample collections.
The module does not contain useful tools for end users, but is the music library backend for developing such tools.
Tools for transcoding and tagging typical music libraries are in ‘musa’ which heavily depends on this module.
Tasks for this module include:
- Parsing of audio file tags with common API and standardized tag names
- for default tags with all file formats supported
- Support multiple trees easily, support multiple tree types in addition
- to common ‘music file library’ tasks (loops,samples,studio recordings)
- Storing of file trees and tags associated with a source to database:
- source is by default ‘filesystem’, but same files can be registered under custom sources, for example to store data from specific program
- Storing of abstraction of playlists to database: a playlist has a name
- and contains songs, nothing else, but you can register playlists from multiple sources, allowing importer to read data from different programs and compare or merge the playlists based on DB info. It’s up to the module user to import/export this data
- Tracking of file changes in trees, for ‘audio file tree change logs’
- Configuring various codecs and encoder/decoder commands to database,
- with classes to execute decode/encode operations cleanly from python using configured codec commands
Release history Release notifications
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size soundforest-4.5.0.tar.gz (45.9 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View hashes|