Sphinx extension to include screenshot of GTKWave
- development on linux
- Python 3 is not supported
- PDF output is not perfect
- no unittests
.. gtkwave:: docs/gtkwave_output.vcd
How it works
This is a workaround, there is no image export in GTKWave
- start Xvfb headless X server using pyvirtualdisplay
- redirect GTKWave display to Xvfb server by setting $DISPLAY variable.
- start GTKWave with VCD file. Options are set on command-line and in temporary rc file
- temporary tcl script will set time interval and select all signals
- wait until GTKWave is displayed
- take screenshot by pyscreenshot which needs scrot.
- image is processed: toolbar, scrollbar and empty space are removed
- use .. image:: directive to display image
sudo apt-get install gtkwave sudo apt-get install python-pip sudo apt-get install scrot sudo apt-get install xvfb sudo apt-get install xserver-xephyr sudo apt-get install python-imaging sudo pip install sphinxcontrib-gtkwave
# as root pip uninstall sphinxcontrib-gtkwave
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size sphinxcontrib-gtkwave-0.0.6.tar.gz (8.5 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|
Hashes for sphinxcontrib-gtkwave-0.0.6.tar.gz