Stellaris is a metadata management service.
Stellaris is a metadata management service developed within the AstroGrid-D project. Our focus is to provide a flexible way to store and query metadata relevant for e-science and grid-computing. This can range from resource description of grid resources (compute clusters, robotic telescopes, etc.) to application specific job metadata or dataset annotations. We use common web-standards such as RDF to describe metadata and the accompanying query language SPARQL. Some features of the software include:
- A simple but powerful management interface for RDF-graphs
- Different backends for persistence through the use of RDFLib and Virtuoso
- Authorization and authentication based on X.509-certificates
- Supports different ways of VO-based authorization such as VOMRS
- SPARQL-protocol implementation with both XML/JSON result formats