General astronomical data analysis and Hubble Space Telescope data calibration
stsci_python is a library of Python routines and C extensions that has been developed to provide a general astronomical data analysis infrastructure. Primary development has been done to support Hubble Space Telescope (HST) data calibration and analysis needs based on general purpose libraries from the environment. Several of the packages, though, can also be used to support data processing of astronomical data. It includes the following:
- an environment for running IRAF tasks without using the IRAF CL
- (released separately as well) used to read FITS images and tables into numpy or numarray objects and to manipulate FITS headers. See http://www.stsci.edu/institute/software_hardware/pyfits for full details.
- a synthetic photometry package (still in development) designed to replace IRAF’s STSDAS.SYNPHOT. It is suitable for library or interactive use.
- a package for aligning and combining STScI images. Full documentation available at http://drizzlepac.stsci.edu .
- tasks for post-calibration processing of HST ACS images
- calibration software for HST Cosmic Origins Spectrograph’s(COS) data
- tasks for post-calibration processing of HST COS data
- general purpose package for merging FITS headers from multiple images into a single header
- tasks for post-calibration processing of HST NICMOS images
- tasks for post-calibration processing of HST STIS images
- tasks for post-calibration processing of HST WFC3 images
- tasks for post-calibration processing of HST WFPC2 images
- provides TEAL interface for defining a GUI for running Python tasks based on configobj for managing parameters
- perform image statistics with sigma-clipping ierations
- task to visualize numpy array objects using image display tools like ds9 and ximtool through IRAF’s IIS protocol
You can learn more about the complete stsci_python package, including reading the release notes, from our page at:
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size & hash SHA256 hash help||File type||Python version||Upload date|
|stscipython-2.15.1.tar.gz (43.7 kB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Source||None||Apr 9, 2014|
|stscipython-2.15.1.zip (54.5 kB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Source||None||Apr 9, 2014|