This is archive manager with curses interface. Have you ever wanted to create an archive quickly without using help pages in the process for all the command line switches? Well here comes the tarman, it has only two command line options:
- –help or
- path to archive or directory
At first it was meant to be only for tar archives (hence the name), but support for other archives does not hurt. Dependencies are:
- Python 2.7 (or Python 2.6)
It supports archives that are manageable with libarchive.
For now it supports:
- file browser
- one-level browsing of supported archives
- extraction of files
- create archive option
Install from PYPI
pip install tarman
Key bindings are listed in HELP window, you can access it by pressing h or ? key.
- Browser window key bindings:
- c - create archive from selected files
- e - extract selected files
- h/?/F1 - help window
- LEFT/BACKSPACE - go one directory up
- q - quit
- RIGHT/ENTER - go in to directory or archive
- SPACE - select and unselect files
- UP/DOWN - move up or down in browser
- Overlay window key bindings:
- ENTER - confirm/ok
- ESC - cancel/close
Install of development version
It is very recommended to install it to virtualenv.
git clone git://github.com/matejc/tarman.git virtualenv --no-site-packages tarman cd tarman/ bin/pip install .
git clone git://github.com/matejc/tarman.git virtualenv --no-site-packages tarman cd tarman/ bin/python setup.py develop
- Fix crash on permission error [Matej Cotman]
- Fix some more unicode issues [Matej Cotman]
- Logging to ~/.tarman.log [Matej Cotman]
- Fix corrupted file name crash - ignore those files [Matej Cotman]
- Switch to python-libarchive lower level api for better control [Matej Cotman]
- Fix test failures [Matej Cotman]
- Fixed unicode issues [Matej Cotman]
- Add tests for unicode file names [Matej Cotman]
- Re-organize readme [Matej Cotman]
- Additional classifiers [Matej Cotman]
- Initial release [Matej Cotman]
BSD 2-Clause License
Copyright (c) 2013, Matej Cotman All rights reserved.
Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or without modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions are met:
- Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer.
- Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer in the documentation and/or other materials provided with the distribution.
THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY THE COPYRIGHT HOLDERS AND CONTRIBUTORS “AS IS” AND ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE COPYRIGHT HOLDER OR CONTRIBUTORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.