Termineter is a Python framework which provides a platform for the security testing of smart meters.
______ _ __ /_ __/__ _________ ___ (_)___ ___ / /____ _____ / / / _ \/ ___/ __ `__ \/ / __ \/ _ \/ __/ _ \/ ___/ / / / __/ / / / / / / / / / / / __/ /_/ __/ / /_/ \___/_/ /_/ /_/ /_/_/_/ /_/\___/\__/\___/_/
Termineter is a Python framework which provides a platform for the security testing of smart meters. It implements the C1218 and C1219 protocols for communication over an optical interface. Currently supported are Meters using C1219-2007 with 7-bit character sets. This is the most common configuration found in North America. Termineter communicates with Smart Meters via a connection using an ANSI type-2 optical probe with a serial interface.
Termineter is released under the BSD 3-clause license, for more details see the LICENSE file.
Special Thanks To:
- Caroline Aronoff (Alpha testing and fixing older PySerial compatibility)
- Chris Murrey - f8lerror (Alpha testing)
- Jake Garlie - jagar (Alpha testing)
- Scott Turner - fantomgoat (Bug report and fix)
- Kevin Underwood (Bug report and fix)
- Don Weber - cutaway (Developer of InGuardians’ OptiGuard)
Termineter Development Team:
- Spencer McIntyre of the SecureState Research and Innovation Team
Author: Spencer McIntyre - zeroSteiner (@zeroSteiner)
Author Home Page: http://www.securestate.com/
Project Home Page: https://github.com/securestate/termineter
Project Documentation: http://termineter.readthedocs.org/en/latest
Termineter can be installed from the Python Package Index using pip. Simply run sudo pip install termineter.
For additional install information please see the INSTALL.md file.