General purpose migration framework (upgrades, downgrades).
Transmutator is a general purpose migration framework. It focuses on automating actions you perform to upgrade (or downgrade) a product.
This project is experimental. At this stage, it just describes concepts. Perhaps the concepts are implemented by some existing tools.
A typical migration for a web service could include:
- ask admin for confirmation
- enable maintenance page
- stop frontends
- backup data
- update configuration
- provision machines (upgrade software)
- migrate databases
- restart frontends
- run smoketests
- disable maintenance page.
- Documentation: https://transmutator.readthedocs.org
- PyPI: https://pypi.python.org/pypi/transmutator
- Code repository: https://github.com/benoitbryon/transmutator
- Bugtracker: https://github.com/benoitbryon/transmutator/issues
- Roadmap: https://waffle.io/benoitbryon/transmutator
- Continuous integration: https://travis-ci.org/benoitbryon/transmutator
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size & hash||File type||Python version||Upload date|
|transmutator-0.1.tar.gz (7.7 kB) View hashes||Source||None|