transWhat is a WhatsApp XMPP Gateway based on Spectrum 2 and Yowsup 2.
- yowsup-1 My original version which is based on @tgalal first
Yowsup version (deprecated and broken).
- yowsup-2 Major rewrite from @moyamo for @tgalal’s new Yowsup 2
For production, please use the yowsup-2 branch.
- Typing notifications
- Receive images, audio & video
- Set/get online status
- Set status message
Pull requests, bug reports etc. are welcome. Help us to provide a open
implementation of the WhatsApp protocol.
The following persons have contributed major parts of this code:
- @stv0g (Steffen Vogel): Idea and initial implementation based on
- @moyamo (Mohammed Yaseen Mowzer): Port to Yowsup 2
- @DaZZZl: Improvements to group chats, media & message receipts
An outdated project wiki is available here.
An outdated writeup of this project is also availabe at my blog.
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.