A simple ToDo app tutorial for Plone.
You will learn to:
- create custom content-types Through-The-Web
- create and apply custom workflows
- create custom listings
- dump your changes into a filesytem package to future-proof them
- write tests for your filesystem package
It’s a fact - Plone has a lot of complicated features. That doesn’t mean Plone is hard for everything! This is a simple tutorial that anyone can follow to get a simple Todo list application running inside of Plone. Would you want to deploy Plone for just a Todo list in real life? Probably not. You can however learn several simple, fast concepts that will get you most of the way there. Feeling like you don’t understand something completely or the terminology is getting to you? Sit back, relax, and finish the tutorial. If in the end things still aren’t clear, please give feedback and we’ll look at what we could do better.
- Acted as guinea pigs and went through the entire tutorial slowly and thoroughly. [matejc, plamut]
- AJAXifying the @@todo view. [eleddy]
- The @@todo BrowserView for listing Todo Items. [zupo]
- Tests for GenericSetup exports of content-type and workflow. [zupo]
- TTW part of the tutorial, loads of screenshots. [eleddy]
- Skeleton. [zupo]
License (3-clause BSD)
Copyright (c) 2012, Caipirinha Sprinters. All rights reserved.
Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or without modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions are met:
- Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer.
- Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer in the documentation and/or other materials provided with the distribution.
- Neither the name of Caipirinha Spriners nor the names of its contributors may be used to endorse or promote products derived from this software without specific prior written permission.
THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY THE COPYRIGHT HOLDERS AND CONTRIBUTORS “AS IS” AND ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL CAIPIRINHA SPRINTERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size tutorial.todoapp-1.0.zip (3.4 MB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View hashes|