vcs ~~~ Various version Control System (vcs) management abstraction layer for Python. :created_on: Apr 8, 2010 :copyright: (c) 2010-2011 by Marcin Kuzminski, Lukasz Balcerzak.
various version control system management abstraction layer for python.
vcs is abstraction layer over various version control systems. It is designed as feature-rich Python library with clean API.
vcs uses Semantic Versioning
- Common API for SCM backends
- Fetching repositories data lazily
- Simple caching mechanism so we don’t hit repo too often
- Simple commit api
- Smart and powerfull in memory changesets
- Working directory support
Online documentation for development version is available at http://packages.python.org/vcs/.
You may also build documentation for yourself - go into docs/ and run:
Release history Release notifications | RSS feed
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.