A command line utility to control a running vlc player instance.
Lets you control a running instance of vlc player, start a new instance, get track information, etc.
- python 2.7 / 3.4
- Controls vlc player over dbus.
- Play, pause, shuffle, toggle, prev, next, stop commands.
- Play all files in a directory (recursively added).
- Add files / directories based on inclusion and exclusion patterns.
- Change volume / fade volume.
- Print current track info.
- Quit vlc.
- Quit based on return code of another command.
- Can be used as a cron job.
vlc player, of course.
python-dbus or python3-dbus
On Ubuntu: >apt-get install python-dbus or >apt-get install python3-dbus
Play a directory:
vlc-ctrl play -p /home/user/music
Increase volume 10%:
vlc-ctrl volume +10% vlc-ctrl volume +0.1
Quit when return code of “command” is 0, retrying the command at most 5 times at 30s intervals and fade out in 10s:
vlc-ctrl quit -c command -r 5,30 -f 10
Get info on currently playing track:
For more commands, see:
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size vlc-ctrl-1.0.8.tar.gz (9.9 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|