Plone search results through flexigrid
vs.flexigridsearch provides a drop-in replacement for the search.pt template of Plone 3/4. The search results are presented as a sortable table using the jQuery flexigrid plugin.
- add vs.flexigridsearch to the eggs option of your buildout configuration and re-run buildout
- create a new Plone site using the related Plone3 or Plone 4 extension profile of vs.flexigridsearch
- or import the related profile for an existing Plone site through portal_setup (Import tab) (there are dedicatd profiles for Plone 3 and Plone 4 since we need different flexigrid versions due to different jQuery versions in Plone 3 and 4).
- no special usage: perform a search and the result should be rendered using the flexgrid jQuery add-on.
- vs.flexigridsearch uses a property sheet under
portal_properties/flexigridsearch_properties for its configuration:
- portalTypesToSearch - a list of portal types to be searched (a future version of the software will use the configuration of Plone)
- sort_limit - maximum number of hits to be retrieved from portal_catalog. The parameter name is kind of misleading but the portal_catalog will really limit the number of returned rows
- columns - defines the columns of the flexigrid table. In general
vs.flexigridsearch can support all searchable indexes of the portal_catalog:
- Title (this should be always included if you want a clickable link to the content object)
- tested with Plone 3.3.X, 4.0.X
- not compatible with Plone 4.2 or higher
Due to the lack of a proper i18n framework in Plone we provide our own home-grown i18n translation functionality in skins/vs_flexigridsearch/vs_flexigridsearch_translations.js. Please add your translations directly here. If you want to contribute translations for other languages then please make the changes directly in the collective SVN.
vs.flexigridsearch is published under the GNU Public Licence V 2 (GPL 2)
- updated documentation and troove classifiers
- cosmetical UI changes
- i18n support for portal_type and review_state field
- minor code cleanup
- using Title field for rendering a document link (instead of getId)
- more robust parsing of configuration properties
- updated documentation
- i18n for templates and JS code (English, German)
- fixed improper url usage
- update documentation
- directly replacing search.pt (no more custom_search.pt)
- overwriting search method in order to act as a drop-in replacement for the standard plone search results page
- added getId to default columns
- now compatible with Plone 3 and 4
- added support for more standard indexes
- documentation update
- Initial release
Release history Release notifications
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size vs.flexigridsearch-1.0.1.zip (69.9 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View hashes|