a package that can help you remove local persistent utilies
This package is developed by Wildcard Corp. to help remove nasty local persistent utilities that won’t go away and can destroy your instance when you try to remove a product that registered one.
- remove adapters
- remove subscribers
- remove provided interfaces
- remove provided interfaces across the entire site - useful for removing collective.flowplayer
Just append ‘/@@fix-persistent-utilities’ onto your plone site root or the root of zope(for gsm) and browse through all your registered utilities on your site and remove things at will.
By default, the tools prevents you from removing certain registrations; however, you can enter “expert mode” and remove whatever you want.
You can really screw up things if you do this wrong so use with extreme care and backup your instance before you use it.
I will not take responsibility if you misuse this tool…
Do not include this product as part of your normal set of products. Only install this product on debug zope clients.
This product should allow you to remove things from products that are no longer installed on the system; although, if you experience problems removing things, make sure to add those eggs to the system again.
Automatically generate missing classes
If you no longer have a product installed that you’re trying to remove, FPU can dynamically create the fake class for you.
this is dangerous if you don’t delete fake class
To enable, specify this environment variable:
- need to specify environment variable to use the auto class generator. [vangheem]
- Also remove utilities from the site root if five has added them there. This will allow you to fully remove LinguaPlone. [do3cc]
1.1b4 ~ 2011-11-24
- add a log (INFO) on each module missing. [toutpt]
- support Plone3 using transation.abort instead of doom [toutpt]
1.1b3 ~ 2011-11-06
- attempt to prevent saving generated objects to database unless you’re actually removing it.
1.1b2 ~ 2011-07-11
- dynamically create missing classes so you can potentially remove classes from products that are no longer installed on the instance.
- provide ability to remove provided interfaces now also.
- clean up
- works on root of zope now also
- fix case where object may not have a _p_oid
- Initial release
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size & hash SHA256 hash help||File type||Python version||Upload date|
|wildcard.fixpersistentutilities-1.1b7.zip (26.4 kB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Source||None||Feb 6, 2013|