Selenium integration for Zope 3
Selenium testing for Zope 3
This package provides an easy way to use Selenium tests for Zope 3 applications. It provides Selenium itself as a resource directory, and it provides a test suite listing generated from registered views, allowing different packages to provide tests without a central list of tests to be maintained.
Selenium test views can also be written in Python using the zc.selenium.pytest module. This can make tests substantially easier to write.
The file pytest.txt explains how to write tests using the Python format.
The package also provides a test runner that:
- Runs a Zope instance
- Starts a local browser, if necessary,
- Tells the local browser to run the tests.
See selenium.txt to see how to set up and use the test runner.
There is a known issue in the included version of Selenium; this affects clicking on images in MSIE. The Selenium bug report for this problem is here:
A patch in the file is provided in the file:
It is not known whether this patch should always be applied.
- Added missing tests.zcml.
- Moved self-test from configure.zcml to tests.zcml to not automatically include them when zc.selenium is included.
- pytest’s selenium coverts arguments to strings now. This allows calls like self.selenium.pause(500).
- Feature: Updated to the latest Selenium Core release 0.8.3.
- Feature: Added a –base-url option to the selenium script, so that one is not dependent to include the default layer in the default skin. (Who does this? What a security hole!)
- Feature: Added a -t option to filter selenium tests by regexps. You can also specify multiple -t options.
- Bug: Added documentation on how to setup zc.selenium.
- Bug: Allow wsgi option to work with python 2.5
- First public release.
- Internal release.