Filter stdin to avoid excessive output
|Info:||This is the README file for zenfilter.|
|Author:||Shlomi Fish <firstname.lastname@example.org>|
|Copyright:||© 2016, Shlomi Fish.|
This small script filters long STDIN output, performing several functions to keep track of the important parts and progresses, which will be hard to do with a shell script.
It is useful for filtering the output of verbose Travis-CI ( https://travis-ci.org/ ) commands, but may be useful in other contexts where there is a limit to the amount of kept output.
All arguments are optional:
- –count-step=n: displays COUNT <tab> <step> every n lines.
- –last=n: displays the last n lines prefixed with “LASTt”
- –filter=<regex pattern>: displays matching lines with a “FOUNDt” prefix.
- –suppress-last-on=<regex>: suppress the last lines if their concatenated output matches the regex.
python zenfilter.py --count-step=10 --last=200 --filter="[0-9]+" python zenfilter.py --last=20 python zenfilter.py --last=25 --count-step=15
A use case scenario:
make 2>&1 | python zenfilter.py [args]
Copyright © 2016, Shlomi Fish. All rights reserved.
Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or without modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions are met:
- Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright notice, this list of conditions, and the following disclaimer.
- Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright notice, this list of conditions, and the following disclaimer in the documentation and/or other materials provided with the distribution.
- Neither the name of the author of this software nor the names of contributors to this software may be used to endorse or promote products derived from this software without specific prior written consent.
THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY THE COPYRIGHT HOLDERS AND CONTRIBUTORS “AS IS” AND ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE COPYRIGHT OWNER OR CONTRIBUTORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.
Release history Release notifications | RSS feed
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size zenfilter-0.6.5.tar.gz (11.8 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|