A Python driver for Zombie.js, a headless browser
powered by node.js.
from zombie import Browser
b = Browser()
assert "A Python driver for Zombie.js" in b.body.text
brew install node
curl https://www.npmjs.org/install.sh | sh
npm install zombie
To install Zombie from PyPI:
$ pip install zombie
…or, for the latest (unstable) tip:
$ git clone https://github.com/ryanpetrello/python-zombie -b next
$ cd python-zombie && python setup.py develop
Source hosted at GitHub.
Report issues and feature requests on GitHub
To fix bugs or add features to zombie, a GitHub account is required.
The general practice for contributing is to fork zombie and make changes in the
next branch. When you’re finished, send a pull request and your patch will
Tests require tox and can be run with python setup.py test.
All contributions must:
- Include accompanying tests.
- Include API documentation if new features or API methods are changed/added.
- Be (generally) compliant with PEP8. One exception is that (for consistency,
and to demonstrate their analogous nature) API methods on
zombie.Browser should follow the camel case formatting set forth in
the zombie.js API (e.g., Browser.pressButton, not
- Not break the tests or build. Before issuing a pull request, ensure that all
tests still pass across multiple versions of Python.
- Add your name to the (bottom of the) AUTHORS file.
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.