Document Templating Markup Language (DTML)
Document Templating Markup Language
This package implements the Document Templating Markup Language (DTML). It uses custom SGML tags to implement simple programmatic feratures, such as variable replacement, conditional logic and loops.
DTML was the first templating language developed for Zope 2 and is still preferred by some over newer templating solutions due to its speed and simplicity.
- LP #267820: Fix broken multi-exception ‘except:’ clause.
- Removed use of ‘zope.testing.doctestunit’ in favor of stdlib’s doctest.
- Simpler, faster implementation of dt_var.newline_to_br(). (It still uses HTML 4 style <br> tags rather than XHTML style.)
- Re-release 3.4.1
- Fixed usage of ‘with’ as a variable name. It is now a keyword in Python 2.6, causing a SyntaxError. zope.documenttemplate now supports Python 2.6.
- zope.documenttemplate now supports Python 2.5
- Corresponds to the verison of the zope.documenttemplate package shipped as part of the Zope 3.2.0 release.
- ‘dt_in.py’: replaced another string exception, ‘InError’.
- Coding style cleanups.
- Corresponds to the verison of the zope.documenttemplate package shipped as part of the Zope 3.1.0 release.
- documenttemplate.py: Replace use of named string exception, ParseError, with normal exception class of the same name (from dt_util.py).
- Corresponds to the verison of the zope.documenttemplate package shipped as part of the Zope X3.0.0 release.